Take one growing business, a new inventory management system, and the need to hire and train new employees; what do you get? Possible disaster!
Read how our work with a client helped them identify obstacles and successfully navigate through them.
When a small to mid-size steel and gas manufacturing supplier faced these challenges, they contacted Theresa.. They needed assistance to:
- Understand the new inventory management software.
- Ensure the inventory management software properly communicated with their accounting software.
- Create training materials for their rapidly expanding staff.
The client reported that the inventory management software did not operate the way they envisioned and was not user friendly. They were busy growing their business, which meant they did not have the people or time to investigate the issues or fix them, let alone train employees on the new software.
Success Trek’s first step was to learn the new inventory management software and how it transferred information to the client’s accounting software. The client provided direct access to both, making it easier for Success Trek to understand the systems.
We discovered several areas of concern during this learning phase:
- The inventory management software did not support the client’s business workflow. Some transactions slipped through the cracks as a result.
- Data was not correctly syncing between the systems due to the inventory management system’s chart of accounts setup.
- Bank accounts, accounts receivables, and accounts payables were not reconciled during the six months before Success Trek’s involvement.
To address the areas of concern, Success Trek:
- Consulted with the inventory management software representative to address the client’s issues and developed solutions to resolve them.
- Worked with the client’s accountant to align the chart of accounts in the inventory management system, eliminating the sync issues.
- Assisted in ensuring all financial reconciliations were up to date, resulting in collecting receivables to improve cash flow and avoiding potential errors in financial statements.
Success Trek created a workflow process that outlined how to enter information into each system, a check and balance spreadsheet to help identify errors and the steps to correct them, and where systems were not communicating with each other.
As a result, the client saw improved business operations through Implementation Support. After eliminating the issues identified at the beginning of the project, the client is more confident about their financial situation. Success Trek provided the client with an assessment of what was not working well, resolutions to fix them, and implementation support to propel their business forward.
Success Trek continues to work alongside this client to help them reach their goals. Stay tuned for more stories of their continued success.
How can we help?
If you or your team need help to identify obstacles and challenges in your workplace situation, contact Theresa, or visit our Contact Us page to schedule a 30-minute Complimentary Conversation. Reaching a goal is a journey, and Success Trek is here to take that journey alongside you.